Friday, March 10, 2006

Great Essay by Mark Morford: Worth Reading

I encourage everyone to read this very articulate and colorful essay by columnist Mark Morford of the San Francisco Chronicle. America, Narcoleptic Pit Bull
It is truly brilliant.

Here is a short quote just to give you a taste:
"Violence, as we seem to forget in some sort of collective denial, begets violence. Intolerance breeds intolerance. And war begets war. It self-perpetuates, feeds on itself, sucking and teething on the blood and exploded limbs and the punctured hearts of the dead, growing in the soil of hate and ignorance and my-God-can-beat-up-your-God. "

That is out of context bit of a brilliant essay, in my opinion.

I saw Bruce Bartlett the author of "Impostor" that I mentioned in my previous post on Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" and he made an interesting slip, "Republicans are better at making the trains run on time" an interesting allusion to Italian facist, Mussolini.

The potential closing of Abu-Ghrab prison in Iraq today is emblamatic of our national shame. Our once great and proud nation, destroyed and subverted by something that you should really read this Morford essay to really get a feeling for.

To date more than 20,000 wounded from Iraq and Afghanistan. It makes me think of the struggle and troubles of my grandfather and his paralyzed legs. Do these chicken hawks have any idea of the depth of this suffering? I some how doubt it.

Am I allowed to pray anymore? ... Because I am going to do it any way. I hope I don't get arrested. A recent bumpersticker captured some of this, "Orwell was an optomist"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home